On January 17, 2013 thousands of chefs and lovers of Italian food from all over the world celebrated the International Day of Italian Cuisine (IDIC) for the sixth year in a row. The tradition was launched by itchefs-GVCI (Virtual Group of Italian Chefs), association of professionals working in the Italian cuisine industry outside Italy. The aim of IDIC is a worldwide protecting of authentic and quality Italian cuisine. The IDIC 2013 official dish was tiramisu, very popular Dolce Italiano in the world.
TOHOLOGY visited hospitality business school SWISSAM where chef Maurizio Peccolo, official participant of IDIC 2013, with his students cooked tiramisu, as well as other desserts. In the end of this report you will find the authentic recipe of tiramisu.
The authentic recipe of tiramisu:
Ingredients (10 to 12 serves)
- Eggs: 220 g
- Sugar: 100 g
- Mascarpone: 500 g
- Marsala wine: 80 g
- Coffee: 50 g
- Savoiardi* (ladyfingers)
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the yolks and the sugar.
- Whip the whites and the salt.
- Add the mascarpone to the yolks and sugar.
- Lighten the mixture by adding the whipped egg whites.
- Add the marsala to the coffee.
- Soak the savoiardi in the mixture of coffee and marsala and lay them out in the desired mould.
- Alternate layers of mascarpone with layers of savoiardi; top off with the mascarpone cream.
- Refrigerate and sprinkle with cocoa.
- Serve at 6 to 8 °C.
Note: it’s recommended, due to food safety reasons, to use pasteurized eggs or to cook the preparations with the eggs at 71 ºC.
*Savoiardi – ingredients
- Granulated sugar: 500 g
- Egg whites: 400 g
- Egg yolks: 350 g
- Low-gluten wheat W 160-180, P/L 0,45-0,50: 450 g
- Honey: 100 g
- Starch: 200 g
- Vanilla: 0,5 g
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Whip the egg whites with the granulated sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
- Trickle the egg yolks beaten with the honey into this, while delicately mixing, then add the wheat and starch, sieved and mixed with the vanilla.
- On baking pans, lightly buttered and dusted with flour, form lines of the resulting mixture approximately 22 cm long with a sac a poche with a large smooth nozzle.
- Dust the surface with the icing sugar, and eliminate the excess sugar by turning the pan upside-down and lightly tapping it.
- Bake at 190 ºC with open draw for approximately 10 minutes.
- Yields 40 savoiardi, 22 cm long.
International MICE Geography Show Russia 2018 was held in Moscow on October 25-26. The event started off with the MICE workshop at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow. The educational conference of the second day was hosted by Soglasie HALL, and closing ceremony took place in Loft Hall #2. TOHOLOGY visited IMGS and prepared video coverage of both days.
Sports and event tourism is a rapidly growing sector of the global travel industry. TOHOLOGY continues writing reports about important, popular or interesting international events. Today it’s time for ATP tennis tournament St. Petersburg Open 2012.
This story is about a place and a company. In the journey we will make a little stop and discover the Fazer Experience Visitor Centre and find out why it is worth our attention.
Michael Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years and he is the founder of Weinakademie Berlin.