TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
As February 14th approaches, hotels are customarily working on special offers to delight the enamoured couples. TOHOLOGY gives an insight into the most appealing options for a romantic dine out and offbeat surprises offered by Saint Petersburg hotels.
On March 26, 2019 Hotel Revenue Workshop for hoteliers responsible for operations, sales, marketing, revenue and distribution took place at the SO/ Sofitel Saint Petersburg hotel.
General managers, heads of human resources departments and other representatives of the hospitality industry shared ideas regarding hospitality business in Russia and how schools can help hotels to achieve its goals.
In the summer 2013 there was opened a new hostel in St. Petersburg – Giggly Hostel. We visited Giggly and met with its management.