TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
In the summer 2013 there was opened a new hostel in St. Petersburg – Giggly Hostel. We visited Giggly and met with its management.
On January 17, 2013 thousands of chefs and lovers of Italian food from all over the world celebrated the International Day of Italian Cuisine (IDIC) for the sixth year in a row. The IDIC 2013 official dish was tiramisu, very popular Dolce Italiano in the world.
The history of this truly mysterious place dates back to the foundation of Saint Petersburg. Once the first renovation stage was finally over, the New Holland’s park zone welcomed first guests in August 2016, while from then onwards the island will remain accessible the whole year round.
As part of the cultural program of the St. Petersburg Open 2012 tournament, Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg hosted a culinary competition with the participation of current doubles champions Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins.