TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
In recent years, the programme of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum has always included discussions of the tourism and hospitality industry. Last year's debate on the role of tourism in the economy was attended by Secretary General of the World Tourism Organization. The 2017 programme turned out to be no exception.
ATP tennis tournament St. Petersburg Open 2013 took place on previous week. You can find review of the most interesting moments in our special report.
General managers, heads of human resources departments and other representatives of the hospitality industry shared ideas regarding hospitality business in Russia and how schools can help hotels to achieve its goals.
As part of the cultural program of the St. Petersburg Open 2012 tournament, Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg hosted a culinary competition with the participation of current doubles champions Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins.