TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
Interview with the founder of Hotel Business Forum Alexey Volov about entrepreneurs in the hotel business, difference between hotel chains and independent hotels, and competitive advantages in the hospitality industry.
Sports and event tourism is a rapidly growing sector of the global travel industry. TOHOLOGY continues writing reports about important, popular or interesting international events. Today it’s time for ATP tennis tournament St. Petersburg Open 2012.
The impact of the 2018 FIFA World Cup on the tourism and hospitality industry of the host country: market overview of the hotels launched in Russia in H1 2018, hospitality sector statistics and factors affecting the tourism industry.
Launched in 1988 by Business Traveller UK magazine, Business Traveller Awards has now come to Russia.