TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
Interview with the founder of Hotel Business Forum Alexey Volov about entrepreneurs in the hotel business, difference between hotel chains and independent hotels, and competitive advantages in the hospitality industry.
What are the candidate requirements at luxury hotels at the Canadian chain Four Seasons? What is more important, specialised education or experience?
International MICE Geography Show Russia 2018 was held in Moscow on October 25-26. The event started off with the MICE workshop at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow. The educational conference of the second day was hosted by Soglasie HALL, and closing ceremony took place in Loft Hall #2. TOHOLOGY visited IMGS and prepared video coverage of both days.
After the official draw ceremony of XX International Tennis Tournament St. Petersburg Open 2015, we continue to describe the anniversary event that took place in St. Petersburg from September 21 to 27, 2015.