TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
Recently, “Dans Le Noir?” restaurant in St. Petersburg, which is located in the Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, celebrated its first birthday, on which occasion TOHOLOGY recalls a visit to this restaurant a year ago.
On August 23, a welcome cocktail of ABT-ACTE Russia, the association of business travel, was held on the HI-SO terrace. Private event was organized for acquaintance of the 5th Saint Petersburg Business Travel Forum’s participants.
How often do we pause to think about people behind luxurious service and miracles performed backstage beyond the STAFF ONLY sign? In a new monthly series we will have a coverage on issues related to building a team and pursuing a career in hotel industry. Our first release is dedicated to HR managers: What part a hotel HR manager plays?
On November 29, HRS – Hospitality & Retail Systems held traditional party “In the company of your HRS friends”. Annual event for hoteliers and HoReCa industry professionals was organized at Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg. TOHOLOGY’s photography coverage.