TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
On January 28 gala dinner for the participants of WTA St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy 2019 tournament was organized in the Montferrand ballroom of the Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace St. Petersburg.
African Member States met ahead of the General Assembly to plot a course for the future of tourism for the continent.
Daniel and Samira Charbonnier held an open seminar “Catch the trend: the hospitality industry”.
TOHOLOGY is launching a series of articles “The Hospitality Industry. Companies”. We met with Selim Olmez, Marketing Director at W St. Petersburg, to talk about the history and the concept of the W Hotels chain.