TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
As February 14th approaches, hotels are customarily working on special offers to delight the enamoured couples. TOHOLOGY gives an insight into the most appealing options for a romantic dine out and offbeat surprises offered by Saint Petersburg hotels.
International MICE Geography Show Russia 2018 was held in Moscow on October 25-26. The event started off with the MICE workshop at The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow. The educational conference of the second day was hosted by Soglasie HALL, and closing ceremony took place in Loft Hall #2. TOHOLOGY visited IMGS and prepared video coverage of both days.
How often do we pause to think about people behind luxurious service and miracles performed backstage beyond the STAFF ONLY sign? In a new monthly series we will have a coverage on issues related to building a team and pursuing a career in hotel industry. Our first release is dedicated to HR managers: What part a hotel HR manager plays?
After the official draw ceremony of XX International Tennis Tournament St. Petersburg Open 2015, we continue to describe the anniversary event that took place in St. Petersburg from September 21 to 27, 2015.