TOHOLOGY visited Michael W. Pleitgen’s lecture dedicated to wine tasting. Michael Pleitgen has been working in the wine industry for 35 years; he is the founder and owner of Weinakademie Berlin. Since this year Mr. Pleitgen also teaches at the hospitality business school SWISSAM.
How to taste wine? There are three main points:
Systematic approach to wine tasting
Name of wine: ...
- Clarity: clear / hazy
- Intensity: pale / medium / deep
- white: lemon / gold / amber
- rose: pink / salmon / orange
- red: purple / ruby / garnet / tawny
- Condition: clean / unclean
- Intensity: light / medium / pronounced
- Aroma-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main aromas: …
- Sweetness: dry / off-dry / medium / sweet
- Acidity: low / medium / high
- Tannin: low / medium / high
- Body: light / medium / full
- Flavour-characteristics: fruits / flowers / spices / vegetables / oak aroma / others
- Main flavours: …
- Finish: short / medium / long
- Quality: faulty / poor / acceptable / good / very good / outstanding
“It is the best day of my life,” said Damir Dzumhur, the winner of the international tennis tournament St. Petersburg Open 2017 after the final match, which took place in the city on the Neva river.
As February 14th approaches, hotels are customarily working on special offers to delight the enamoured couples. TOHOLOGY gives an insight into the most appealing options for a romantic dine out and offbeat surprises offered by Saint Petersburg hotels.
Leading travel exhibition on the North-Western region of Russia INWETEX – CIS Travel Market and Saint Petersburg Travel Hub, a platform for discussion of hospitality and travel professionals took place on 11-12 October at the ExpoForum Convention & Exhibition Centre in Saint Petersburg. Events photo coverage by TOHOLOGY.
17th ExpoHoReCa was held in Saint Petersburg at the end of February. It was the first time the hospitality event has taken place at a new location – ExpoForum Convention and Exhibition Centre. TOHOLOGY visited the exhibition and prepared a photo coverage of the event.